Growing up, we loved visiting a sandwich joint in Nebraska. The awesome sandwiches inspired my salad of bread and cold cuts for meat lovers everywhere. —Molly Atherton, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked turkey, chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked roast beef, chopped
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 to 3 Italian rolls, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place the first five ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, combine meats, lettuce, tomatoes, cubed rolls and cheese. Shake dressing again; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups each).
Originally published as Meat Lover's Bread Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p173
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Meat Lover's Bread Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review