- mixture and mix well. Shape into four loaves.
- In a skillet, heat oil. Brown meat loaves on all sides. Combine 1
- tablespoon pesto sauce, water and remaining tomato sauce; pour over
- meat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer
- pink. Serve the loaves topped with tomato-pesto sauce. Refrigerate
- or freeze remaining pesto sauce for later use. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 903 calories, 79 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 1,059 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.