- to a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in eggs; stir in bread crumbs. Crumble beef and veal over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf; place in an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water;
- add salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 15-20
- minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Mash potatoes with the broth, oil, pepper and reserved cooking
- Using a large star tip, pipe mashed potatoes onto meat loaf. Bake 45
- minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat
- is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 341 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 742 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.