- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Additional chili sauce, optional
- Cut four 20x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on bottom and up sides of a 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into a 9-in. round loaf. Place loaf in center of strips in slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°. If desired, spoon additional chili sauce over meat loaf; let stand 10 minutes. Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Meat Loaf with Chili Sauce
Sort By :
Delicious meatloaf in the slow cooker! Who knew. Definitely making this again.
Very Tasty! I cut the recipe in half since it is just my husband and I and used a 3 1/2 qt slow cooker...I also wrapped two potatoes that I pierced first with foil, placed them on top and had my baked potatoes cooked right along with the meatloaf, what a time saver!
Oh, it was great to come home to this delicious recipe! The aroma just filled the house. I served it with 2x baked to which I added dehydrated chives and spinach. A side of steamed Brussels sprouts with shallot butter rounded out the meal. Recipe was simple to make, and I declare it a "winner-winner". Thank you, Robert!