Meat Loaf Wellington
My family would rather have this than plain meat loaf. It's a good way to dress up an ordinary dish for company. Many people have asked for the recipe.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) beef gravy, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup gravy, bread cubes, onion, egg and salt.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a
- thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove loaf from pan; drain on paper towels. Place in a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Unroll crescent dough; seal perforations.
- Cover top and sides of meat loaf with dough; trim excess.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Heat the
- remaining gravy; serve with meat loaf. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 378 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.