Meat Loaf Wellington Recipe
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) beef gravy, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup gravy, bread cubes, onion, egg and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Remove loaf from pan; drain on paper towels. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Unroll crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Cover top and sides of meat loaf with dough; trim excess.
- 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Heat the remaining gravy; serve with meat loaf. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 378 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Wellington
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.