Meat Loaf Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 pound ground beef or Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Chop pulp; set pulp and shells aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add pulp, bread crumbs, milk and dill. Spoon into zucchini shells.
- 3. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 586 calories, 26 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,465 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.