Meat Loaf-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 large green peppers
- 2 cups cubed leftover meat loaf
- 3-1/3 to 4 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional or 3 cups leftover Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, divided
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Immerse in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into a shallow baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine meat loaf, rice, onion, chopped green pepper and remaining spaghetti sauce. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Stuff each pepper with meat loaf mixture; place on sauce in baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the cheese and let stand until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 426 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 930 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.