Meat Loaf Stew Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 6 medium onions, peeled
- 6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Place potatoes, whole onions and carrots in a Dutch oven. Cover with water. Bring to a boil; boil for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine milk, egg, bread crumbs, chopped onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a large roasting pan. Drain vegetables; arrange around loaf. Combine the soup, water, brown sugar and mustard; pour over meat loaf and vegetables.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 487 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Stew
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.