Meat Loaf Shepherd's Pie
"I'm a new wife and mom, so I don't have a lot of time to spend cooking," relates Jennifer Haines of Redford, Michigan. "This meal-in-one is quick and easy to make, plus it tastes so much better than plain warmed-up meat loaf."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 5 slices cooked meat loaf
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Place meat loaf slices in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover with
- gravy; top with corn. Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream
- and onions; spread over corn.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated
- through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or
- until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now