Meat Loaf Shepherd's Pie Recipe
"I'm a new wife and mom, so I don't have a lot of time to spend cooking," relates Jennifer Haines of Redford, Michigan. "This meal-in-one is quick and easy to make, plus it tastes so much better than plain warmed-up meat loaf."
- 5 slices cooked meat loaf
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Place meat loaf slices in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover with gravy; top with corn. Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and onions; spread over corn.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Shepherd's Pie
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC