Meat Loaf Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 5 slices cooked meat loaf
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 cups warm mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Place meat loaf slices in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover with gravy; top with corn. Combine potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and onions; spread over corn.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Shepherd's Pie
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe for as long as I had the magazine years ago. It is so good!!! My kids used to beg for it, Now my new husband brags on it!"
"My husband complains that I make meatloaves that are too big, since we used to be 6 and are now down to 4 in the family. So when I saw this recipe, I jumped at it! Great way to use up leftover meatloaf! The only change I'd make is that, since I used instant mashed potatoes made with water and milk, next time I think I'll cut the water in half since mixing in the sour cream made the instant potatoes too runny. Or else add more potato flakes to make it stiffer. Otherwise, it was a great way to use up meat loaf."
"When I make shep pir I saute carrots,celery,green peas & field mushrooms along with the ground mince beef. I don't use the corn or sour cream. They are probaly nice too!"