- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-3/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (7.6 ounces) butter and herb instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions; stir in mustard.
- Drain meat loaf; spread potatoes over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Pie
Sort By :
"We love this easy meal. I also add peas sometimes for more vegetables."
"Too dry and thick."
"I often make this when children will be eating with us. My grandkids love it. The adults all enjoy it, too. I make real mashed potatoes rather than instant."
"We loved it...including my picky 9 and 11 year olds...a wonderful meat and potato comfort food!!!"