Meat Loaf Pie Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-3/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope (7.6 ounces) butter and herb instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions; stir in mustard.
- Drain meat loaf; spread potatoes over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Pie
Sort By :
We love this easy meal. I also add peas sometimes for more vegetables.
Too dry and thick.
I often make this when children will be eating with us. My grandkids love it. The adults all enjoy it, too. I make real mashed potatoes rather than instant.
We loved it...including my picky 9 and 11 year olds...a wonderful meat and potato comfort food!!!