Meat Loaf Patty
WITH this recipe, we can have a hearty meat loaf dinner without leftovers. That delights both my husband and me. He never liked the creative ways I used up leftover meat loaf!
-Dorothy Hunt, Waltham, Massachusetts
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into a large patty.
- Place in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 2-3 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let
- stand for 3 minutes. Serve with ketchup. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in an 1100-watt microwave. Meat loaf may also be baked at 350° for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 262 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.