Meat Loaf Patties Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltines (about 20), divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1. In a bowl, combine egg, milk, onion, chili powder, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in 1/2 cup cracker crumbs. Add beef; mix well. Shape into six patties, about 1/2 in. thick. Coat with remaining crumbs. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with ketchup. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note:The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
1 each: 212 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Patties
"This was absolutely delicious! I added a little more onion than called for and my hubby said I could've added more. So daggone moist! Easier than meatloaf yet tastier than a plain burger... A new family fave!"
"easy and tastes great! Next time I will only use half the garlic."