"I copied this recipe from my mom before my husband and I were married," recalls Nancy Carpenter, Sidney, Montana. "These moist burgers are still a favorite after more than 20 years." They're economical, too, at 39 cents a patty.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltines (about 20), divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a bowl, combine egg, milk, onion, chili powder, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in 1/2 cup cracker crumbs. Add beef; mix well. Shape into six patties, about 1/2 in. thick. Coat with remaining crumbs. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil for 5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with ketchup. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Meat Loaf Patties in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p22
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review