- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Additional ketchup, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press about 1/3 cupfuls into each of 12 ungreased muffin cups.
Bake 15 minutes. Brush tops with 3 tablespoons ketchup; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes. If desired, serve with additional ketchup.
- Freeze option: Bake meat loaves without ketchup; cover and freeze on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer meat loaves to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place meat loaves on a greased shallow baking pan. Spread with ketchup. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Muffins
"very delicious and easy to make!!! I topped them with more bbq sauce instead of ketchup...they also took a little longer to bake than what the recipe says, but it may just be my oven....I also just shaped into balls and baked instead of using the muffin tin."
"These were super easy to make, the worst part was cleaning the muffin tin! I used frozen diced onion and yellow pepper. I also didn't realize that I didn't have enough bread crumbs so I crushed up some saltiness to add to it. My fiance loves meatloaf and he approved this recipe!"
"Love this recipe! It is so fast and easy plus delicious! For Valentine's Day I shape the loaf heart shape to carry on a tradition I have had for 43 years with husband and he loves it too!"
"Loved this recipe. Can make it for hubby and me and freeze the leftovers for another few meals!! The grandkids loved this too!!"
"Loved these... simple & delicious. Used a peppercorn bbq sauce. Will definitely make again."
"I have been making this recipe for a few years now with ground turkey instead of the beef. It is at the top of our favorite list! My husband says I could make this once a week!"
"These are fun and delicious. Hubby loves these. I don't really care for meatloaf but I did eat quite a few of these. Theyn were good, for a meatloaf. I will make again."
"Delicious! I used a little more ground beef to make a bigger batch. Also added a little chopped garlic to the ground beef mixture. My husband ate 4 for dinner! A few leftovers he used for sandwiches the next day. Will certainly make this again."