- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups Crispix cereal, crushed
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Remove 1/2 cup for topping; set aside. Add the eggs, Worcestershire sauce, cereal and seasonings to remaining ketchup mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes. Crumble beef over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Press meat mixture into 18 muffin cups (about 1/3 cup each). Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes. Drizzle with reserved ketchup mixture; bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve desired number of meat loaves. Cool remaining loaves. Transfer to freezer bags; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen meat loaves: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Place loaves in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through, or cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Miniatures
"These are delicious! My children love the ketchup sauce so much I have to make extra. It's great to have these in the freezer when I don't have time or a plan for supper-if they last long enough. My picky teenage son loves them so much he eats them for a snack. As for the messy cleanup I found a way around that. Line a baking sheet with foil and make muffin size mounds. They can be baked the same way but when done you can throw away the foil instead of trying to scrub out muffin pans."
"We did not care for these. I love the idea of muffin cups and we really liked the ketchup sauce on top of the muffins, but the meatloaf itself had too strong of a cereal flavor. The Crispix cereal overwhelmed the meatloaf. If I were to make again, I would substitute bread crumbs instead."
"Due to husband's heart surgery, we use 3lbs of 93% lean ground beef, so I adjusted for moistness by using 1/4 c ketchup plus 1 bottle (12oz) chili sauce. We use a scant 3 TBSP of brown sugar; rest of ingredients as given on recipe above. Super successful using silicone muffin cups (we found these at Walmart) in the muffin pans and a scoop to measure meat evenly. This yields 24 meatloaf muffins. These freeze and reheat so well. An absolute 5-Star favorite!!"
"Flavorful but the CLEANUP was HORRENDOUS! Way too many good recipes to make this one again using muffin cups! And I used 95/5 ground beef. Very upsetting."
"Quite a bit more than 18 muffins."