Meat Loaf Miniatures Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 to 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups Crispix cereal, crushed
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Remove 1/2 cup for topping; set aside. Add the eggs, Worcestershire sauce, cereal and seasonings to remaining ketchup mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes. Crumble beef over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Press meat mixture into 18 muffin cups (about 1/3 cup each). Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes. Drizzle with reserved ketchup mixture; bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve desired number of meat loaves. Cool remaining loaves; freeze. Transfer to freezer bags; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen meat loaves: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Place loaves in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through, or cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Miniatures(17)
Sort By :
I made this last night for a ladies group. I real hit. I filled them half way baked for 10 minutes. I tested temp and they were done. I removed from muffin pans to a paper towel to drain, then put them back into a new muffin pan lined w foil cups. Then topped them w mashed potatoes and a little sprinkling of cheddar cheese. Put back in oven until we were ready to serve. I will make these again for sure.
due to the reviews below I doubled the sauce, used 7 t of brown sugar...too much for my taste, not a fan of "sweet meats." Used a jumbo muffin pan, excellent and 1 lb ground beef, 2 lbs ground turkey. paired w/mashed potatoes.
Without a doubt, the most flavorful meat loaf I ever ate. I was doubtful about the brown sugar and Crispix, but WOW, what a treat! I could eat these like candy!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >