Meat Loaf in a Mug Recipe
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, ketchup, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a microwave-safe mug or custard cup coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (calculated without additional ketchup) equals 248 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.