Here's a quick, delicious single serving of meat loaf. This smart take on a classic gives you traditional meat loaf flavor with hardly any cleanup and no leftovers! —Mrs. Ruby Matt, Garnavillo, Iowa
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, ketchup, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a microwave-safe mug or custard cup coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Meat Loaf in a Mug in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p55
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf in a Mug
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review