- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, ketchup, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a microwave-safe mug or custard cup coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with additional ketchup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf in a Mug
Sort By :
"OMG!!! I just made this! What a great meal for one person. I have extra mashed potatoes that I freeze and I defrosted some to go along as a side. It was just the right size for me. Highly recommend it for a busy weeknight dinner."
"This sounds great - I've already begun using oats as a filler this year and they work just great and add healthy touches to the food; I'll take one of my ground turkey pounders out of the freezer and make 4 or 6 of these at once and freeze the extras...thanks!"
"Made this recipe today for lunch and it was really tasty. I am the only member of the family who likes meatloaf, so I will be making this for myself often."
"Awesome, I used my favorite meatloaf recipe divided it into 6 portions and froze 5 for later. Love it, thanks for sharing"
"This is a great recipe for anyone not feeling like cooking or maybe in college and only have enough space for a microwave in their dorm room. I didn't have onion soup mix so I just added whatever seasonings I thought would work. I added onion and garlice powder, salt and pepper, and dried parsley and oregano. It turned out great. I also used 1/3 pound of hamburger instead of a 1/4. The only thing I had were these premade hamburger patties. I thawed one of them out and put it into a mug. I added a little bit more milk, ketchup and oats. Maybe a teaspoon each? I just sort of guessed.My cooking time had to be adjusted a little bit, but it still came out great. This is definitely a recipe anyone can make. I will definitely be making this again!"