Meat Loaf Hamburgers
Meat Loaf Hamburgers are tender mellow-tasting burgers everyone will enjoy, assures field editor Sandi Pichon of Slidell, Louisiana. "They're a nice alternative to plain ground beef patties and very popular whenever I serve them," she says.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- In a large bowl, gently mix the first six ingredients; shape into
- eight patties. Grill, broil or pan-fry until the meat is no longer
- pink. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 441 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.