Meat Loaf From the Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut three 25-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist). Shape into a loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Spoon over meat loaf. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf From the Slow Cooker(5)
Sort By :
WOW!!! Very good and easy. The texture is better than the regular meatloaf that I make in the oven and the ingredients accent the taste. Mmmm...GOOD!!! (HINT) Foil strips are very important!
10 crushed saltines made a perfect 1/3 cup crushed saltines for me. The sauce has a great flavor and makes just the right amount to go with the meatloaf. I used all lean ground beef and then worried about it drying out but I kept the lid on the slow cooker and it stayed moist and the flavor was good. This is a great way to prepare meatloaf in the summer when you don't want to make your house any hotter.
It was so easy to fix and it cooked in 3 houe prefect.
Big hit with the family, have made it several times and love it!
We Love this meatloaf!!!! Sometimes I only make half since it is just my husband and I! Also I use yellow mustard instead of ground mustard because I always have it on hand! Enjoy!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >