Meat Loaf for One
When I dine alone, I often fix myself this hearty, flavorful mixture. Combining meat, bread and a vegetable, it can be a complete meal.—Lynne Obertst-Bishop, Dorris, California
1 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 ounces ground turkey or beef
- 2 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add meat and mix well.
- Shape into a 5-in. x 3-in. loaf. Place in an ungreased shallow
- baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Drizzle
- with ketchup. Bake 20 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 579 calories, 32 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 308 mg cholesterol, 1,085 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now