Meat Loaf for a Mob Recipe
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a very large bowl, combine eggs, V8 juice, onions, celery, bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well,
- 2. Shape into four loaves; place each loaf in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread over loaves. Bake 15 minutes longer until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 meat loaves.
1 slice: 332 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Meat Loaf for a Mob
"This is my son Steven's favorite meatloaf recipe. He'd eat a whole loaf by himself for dinner and nibble on another for snacks. It's a huge hit for church potluck! I'll make it bake one loaf and freeze the rest of the loaves, unbaked, for future meals. Always yummy!!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.