- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a very large bowl, combine eggs, V8 juice, onions, celery, bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well,
- Shape into four loaves; place each loaf in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread over loaves. Bake 15 minutes longer until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 meat loaves.
Originally published as Meat Loaf For a Mob in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p39
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf for a Mob
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review