Meat Loaf for a Mob Recipe
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- In a very large bowl, combine the eggs, V8 juice, onions, celery, bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well,
- Shape into four loaves; place each loaf in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread over loaves. Bake 15 minutes longer until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 meat loaves.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Meat Loaf for a Mob
Sort By :
This is my son Steven's favorite meatloaf recipe. He'd eat a whole loaf by himself for dinner and nibble on another for snacks. It's a huge hit for church potluck! I'll make it bake one loaf and freeze the rest of the loaves, unbaked, for future meals. Always yummy!!