Meat Loaf Dinner Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased roasting pan. Arrange potatoes and green beans around loaf. Pour tomatoes over all.
- Cover and bake at 350°: for 2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Dinner
Sort By :
"I used one lb of ground chuck but left the rest of the ingredients the same. Cooked it covered 90 mins instead of 2 hrs. Thickened the juices after removing tomato chunks, green beans and meat loaf. Added a bit of beef base to that for extra flavor zip and got great reviews from my husband. We will definitely use this recipe again."
"The mistake I made with this recipe is that I used regular ground beef instead of lean (hey, I'm poor. What can I say?) With no chance to drain off the grease, it ruined the gravy. I plan to try the recipe again, this time definitely using the lean! Also, I'm going to try half pureed tomatoes (I like the texture better than diced) and half beef gravy. Also, I'm going to double the first 4 ingredients as my loaf came out more like a big hamburger."
"great comfort meal."
"I'm glad I tried this! Easy to make and delicious."
"This is great, but I would eliminate the bread crumbs. I hate fillers in my meatloaf, meatball, and crabcakes."