Meat Loaf Dinner
When in a hurry, I substitute canned potatoes and green beans for the fresh. I like the fact that I can pop this meat loaf into the oven in the late afternoon and forget about it until dinnertime. —Florence Dollard, Grand Island, New York
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased roasting
- pan. Arrange potatoes and green beans around loaf. Pour tomatoes
- over all.
- Cover and bake at 350°: for 2 hours or until the meat is no longer
- pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.