Meat Loaf Dinner Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased roasting pan. Arrange potatoes and green beans around loaf. Pour tomatoes over all.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350°: for 2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Dinner
"I used one lb of ground chuck but left the rest of the ingredients the same. Cooked it covered 90 mins instead of 2 hrs. Thickened the juices after removing tomato chunks, green beans and meat loaf. Added a bit of beef base to that for extra flavor zip and got great reviews from my husband. We will definitely use this recipe again."
"The mistake I made with this recipe is that I used regular ground beef instead of lean (hey, I'm poor. What can I say?) With no chance to drain off the grease, it ruined the gravy. I plan to try the recipe again, this time definitely using the lean! Also, I'm going to try half pureed tomatoes (I like the texture better than diced) and half beef gravy. Also, I'm going to double the first 4 ingredients as my loaf came out more like a big hamburger."
"great comfort meal."
"I'm glad I tried this! easy to make and delicious."
"This is great, but I would eliminate the bread crumbs. I hate fillers in my meatloaf, meatball, and crabcakes."
"Made this tonight for supper. Only difference was I used crackers instead of bread crumbs. I do not like too spicy meatloaf so this was perfect. Just like mom's."
"easy and great"
"Recipe is fine except green beans should never be baked for 2 hours!!! Simply steam then for 8 to 10 minutes before serving!!!"
"I tried it, I liked it. I did add a bit of garlic though just because I love garlic. "
"This meatloaf was great. Not all of us have stomachs that like the spices. Will definitely make it again. thanks"
"Have any of you tried it? It is actually a great "start" to a delicious moist meatloaf. I also added my own preference of spices but the juices of the tomato sauce soak into the flavor of the meat and veggies and its very tasty!"
"I agree with previous review that this recipe is quite bland. I always add minced garlic, parsley, and depending on flavor preferences either additional Italian or Southwestern spices."
"It sounds terribly bland. We like a lot more seasoning in our meat loaves."