Meat Loaf Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 envelope meat loaf seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together egg, meat loaf seasoning, tomato sauce and bread crumbs. Add ground beef; mix well. On a piece of waxed paper, pat meat mixture into an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Top with layers of ham, cheese and mushrooms. Roll rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting from narrow end. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Let stand several minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.