Meat Loaf Cordon Bleu
I'm a school counselor and mother of one young child. Even with my busy schedule, I can make this in the morning and pop it into the oven when I get home.—Barb Jacobsen, Campbell, Nebraska
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 envelope meat loaf seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- In a large bowl, mix together egg, meat loaf seasoning, tomato sauce
- and bread crumbs. Add ground beef; mix well. On a piece of waxed
- paper, pat meat mixture into an 18-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Top with
- layers of ham, cheese and mushrooms. Roll rectangle, jelly-roll
- style, starting from narrow end. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam
- side down in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours
- or until no pink remains. Let stand several minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a