In New London, Texas, Lori Thompson deliciously disguises leftover meat loaf in these hearty burritos. They get plenty of flavor from cheese, salsa and other colorful toppings.
Featured In: 68 Slow Cooker Recipes to Warm Your Winter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups crumbled cooked meat loaf (3 slices)
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and salsa, optional
- Melt butter in a skillet; add half of the beans and mash with a fork. Stir in meat loaf and remaining beans; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat loaf mixture onto each tortilla. Top with cheese if desired. Fold up bottom and sides over filling. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and salsa if desired. Yield: 6 burritos.
Originally published as Meat Loaf Burritos in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p52
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review