Meat Loaf Burritos Recipe
In New London, Texas, Lori Thompson deliciously disguises leftover meat loaf in these hearty burritos. They get plenty of flavor from cheese, salsa and other colorful toppings.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups crumbled cooked meat loaf (3 slices)
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and salsa, optional
- Melt butter in a skillet; add half of the beans and mash with a fork. Stir in meat loaf and remaining beans; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat loaf mixture onto each tortilla. Top with cheese if desired. Fold up bottom and sides over filling. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and salsa if desired. Yield: 6 burritos.
Originally published as Meat Loaf Burritos in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Burritos(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >