Meat Loaf Burgers Recipe
These hearty meat loaf sandwiches are great for potluck dinners. Served on hamburger buns, the beefy patties get extra flavor when topped with the seasoned tomato sauce. —Peggy Burdick, Burlington, Michigan
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 1. Place onion and celery in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the beef, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; shape into six patties. Place over onion mixture. Combine the tomato juice, garlic, ketchup, Italian seasoning, bay leaf and remaining salt. Pour over the patties.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Discard bay leaf. Separate patties with a spatula if necessary; serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC