These hearty meat loaf sandwiches are great for potluck dinners. Served on hamburger buns, the beefy patties get extra flavor when topped with the seasoned tomato sauce. —Peggy Burdick, Burlington, Michigan
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Place onion and celery in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the beef, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; shape into six patties. Place over onion mixture. Combine the tomato juice, garlic, ketchup, Italian seasoning, bay leaf and remaining salt. Pour over the patties.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Discard bay leaf. Separate patties with a spatula if necessary; serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Meat Loaf Burgers in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p20
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review