Meat Bun Bake Recipe
This satisfying dish is tastes like meat buns. Using biscuit mix is a speedy alternative to the original yeast dough, which requires kneading and rising. It also eliminates the need to shape and fill each bun.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the cabbage, onion, salt and pepper; cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the cabbage and onion are tender. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, blend the biscuit mix, milk and eggs. Pour over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 438 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 162 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC