Meat Bun Bake
This satisfying dish is tastes like meat buns. Using biscuit mix is a speedy alternative to the original yeast dough, which requires kneading and rising. It also eliminates the need to shape and fill each bun.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the cabbage, onion, salt and pepper; cook over medium
- heat for 15 minutes or until the cabbage and onion are tender. Stir
- in cheese.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl,
- blend the biscuit mix, milk and eggs. Pour over beef mixture. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 438 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 162 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.