Meat-atarian Sub Recipe
This sandwich is meaty but not overly salty; it's the ultimate football food. —Shanon Mayer, Mountain View, Wyoming
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound sliced deli ham
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, warmed
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Spread over cut sides of bread. Layer with ham, bacon, pepperoni and pizza sauce; replace top.
- 2. Wrap in foil; place on a large baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 833 calories, 53 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 2,321 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 40 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC