My children enjoy topping these with ketchup—they say it's like having hamburgers and fries without the buns!—Wanda Kaney, Williston, South Carolina
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen shoestring potatoes
- Ketchup, optional
- Combine first eight ingredients in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Place half of the potatoes in the bottom of a greased 8-in. square
- baking dish. Spread meat mixture evenly over potatoes. Firmly pat
- the remaining potatoes on top. Bake, uncovered, at 400 ° for 30
- minutes or until the meat is cooked and the potatoes are lightly
- browned. Cut into squares. Serve with ketchup if desired. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 642 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.