Meat and Potato Soup Recipe
Potatoes and roast beef come together in this rich and hearty soup. The result is a well-balanced, flavorful dish perfect for the fall.
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups cubed cooked beef chuck roast
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in spinach; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups equals 210 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Meat and Potato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC