Meat and Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups cubed cooked beef chuck roast
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in spinach; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups: 210 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Meat and Potato Soup
"I'm a newlywed and constantly trying new recipes so that my husband and I can build our "keepers" recipe box. This one is a keeper for sure!!! Can't believe it went together in only 30 minutes - and it REALLY tastes great. I added some leftover carrots I had lying around and they tasted great in it, too. This recipe makes a lot - we ate it multiple nights - and the flavors get even better as it sits in the fridge for a few days. Made it the first time 2 weeks ago, and I'm making it again tonight by hubby's request!"
"easy and good flavor, I also love having diabetic information on the recipe"
"This was an easy and satisfying soup. I also added a few carrots leftover from the roast. It tasted good and I will make it again."