This hearty dish is welcome anytime, of course...but our family especially enjoys it at breakfast! It just seems to get the day off to an extra-good start.Esther Beachy, Hutchinson, Kansas
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes, well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Combine oil and potatoes in a 10-in. pie plate. Press mixture down
- evenly to form a crust. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until
- lightly browned.
- Layer with the mozzarella, beef and onion. Whisk together the cream,
- eggs, salt and pepper; pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with
- parsley. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center
- comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 377 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 242 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.