Meat-and-Potato Quiche Recipe
This hearty dish is welcome anytime, of course...but our family especially enjoys it at breakfast! It just seems to get the day off to an extra-good start.—Esther Beachy, Hutchinson, Kansas
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes, well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Combine oil and potatoes in a 10-in. pie plate. Press mixture down evenly to form a crust. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Layer with the mozzarella, beef and onion. Whisk together the cream, eggs, salt and pepper; pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 377 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 242 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Meat-and-Potato Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC