- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups shredded peeled potatoes, well drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Combine oil and potatoes in a 10-in. pie plate. Press mixture down evenly to form a crust. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Layer with the mozzarella, beef and onion. Whisk together the cream, eggs, salt and pepper; pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Meat-and-Potato Quiche in Country Ground Beef 1993, p63
Reviews for Meat-and-Potato Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2015 Edited Sep. 1, 2016
"Used 2 large russet potatoes as directed, baked a little longer with dill weed added, then used about a pound of beef cooked with the onion. Everything else I used as the recipe directed. Got rave reviews! Very tasty!Update: I've made over and over and it doesn't get old. Love this recipe and updated stars to 5. People always love it!!"