- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Toss potatoes with butter and salt; arrange on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes. Combine the soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper, onion and 1/2 cup cheese; pour over beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Meat-and-Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"My family liked this meal. It doesn't look very pretty, but it is goid comfort food. I followed the directions and didn't change the recipe other than adding pepper with the salt on the potatoes and cooking the onions with the beef. Oh, I did use cream.of mushroom versus celery."
"I followed the recipe, but used a little more beef. I also seasoned the beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder. I used (frozen) "fire roasted mexican corn" for more flavor. and used a bit of extra cheese, maybe 1/4 cup more on top at the end. It's great!"
"I've been making this for years and used to make it a lot but forgot about it and pulled it out recently. It was as good as I remember but I do think I improvised to add more flavor. I seasoned the potatoes with pepper before baking, cooked a medium onion with the ground beef. Otherwise as is. Will add more seasoning, maybe onion soup mix, next time. My picky husband said it was good but need to add more flavor. Definitely will make again."
"I made this the 1st time about a year ago and I have made it at least a dozen times since then. I have used cream of celery, mushroom, and even cream of broccoli soup. Sometimes, I use the corn - as called for, but I have also tried it with peas, green beans, and mixed vegetables. I brown the ground beef with green pepper sometimes as well. I do use more onion than the recipe calls for and I like to use fresh garlic. My husband and 11 year old son really enjoy it every time! .... I also really like the addition of the parsley sprinkled on the top, but I am sure it is great without it, too."
"Very good economical potluck dish, I used cream of mushroom instead of the cream of celery soup.Meat, potatoes, corn and cheese, a dish hearty enough to satisfy big eaters, uses ingredients that most people like."