- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Toss potatoes with butter and salt; arrange on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes. Combine the soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper, onion and 1/2 cup cheese; pour over beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Meat-and-Potato Casserole(12)
Sort By :
Made recipe as written and was very pleased, very good reviews from the rest of the family also.
Was great. easy to make and we really liked it.
This is comfort food, and it's awesome! I seasoned my meat with seasoned salt, garlic and onion powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper. I've used all different kinds of "cream of" soups, but cream of celery is my favorite for this recipe. This is one of mine and hubbies favorite dinners!
the only thing I would change is mixing the meat in the soup mix together
I thought this dish was comforting and delicious. What I especially liked was that I had everything on hand (substituted cream of Mush for cream of Celery). The leftovers are tasty too.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >