Meat-and-Potato Casserole Recipe
For variety, you can use another kind of cream soup (cream of mushroom, for instance). But try it this way first.—Marna Heitz, Farley, Iowa
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Toss potatoes with butter and salt; arrange on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes. Combine the soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper, onion and 1/2 cup cheese; pour over beef mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 374 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Meat-and-Potato Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC