- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Toss potatoes with butter and salt; arrange on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes. Combine the soup, milk, garlic powder, pepper, onion and 1/2 cup cheese; pour over beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Meat-and-Potato Casserole
Sort By :
Very good economical potluck dish, I used cream of mushroom instead of the cream of celery soup.Meat, potatoes, corn and cheese, a dish hearty enough to satisfy big eaters, uses ingredients that most people like.
Not as good as I'd hoped. I like the idea of cooking the sliced potatoes in the pan first, but this took way to long to make for the little satisfaction you get when eating it. For goodness sake, don't mix the cooked ground beef with the soup mixture because it reminds me of dog food (or worse). Covering it all up with cheese really doesn't make it any tastier. I won't be making again.
Made recipe as written and was very pleased, very good reviews from the rest of the family also.
Was great. easy to make and we really liked it.
This is comfort food, and it's awesome! I seasoned my meat with seasoned salt, garlic and onion powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper. I've used all different kinds of "cream of" soups, but cream of celery is my favorite for this recipe. This is one of mine and hubbies favorite dinners!