Meat 'n' Veggie Pockets Recipe
“This recipe is quick, hearty, and you can omit any ingredients you don’t like and replace them with others,” says Danielle Binkley of Huber Heights, Ohio.
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, olives and salad dressing. Fill pita halves with the ham, turkey and cheese; top with cucumber mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
2 filled pita halves equals 479 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 2,342 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC