“This recipe is quick, hearty, and you can omit any ingredients you don’t like and replace them with others,” says Danielle Binkley of Huber Heights, Ohio.
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, olives and salad dressing. Fill pita halves with the ham, turkey and cheese; top with cucumber mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meat 'n' Veggie Pockets in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p27
Reviews for Meat 'n' Veggie Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review