Meat 'n' Potato Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Add the corn, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Meat 'n' Potato Stew
"I made it today, and it tasted very good overall. However, The ketchup makes the stew very...ketchupy. When I forst taste. The stew I thought it tasted like a ketchup soup. The ketchup was a bit overwhelming. i ended up adding anextra cup of water to dilute it, and that mare it edible. The ketchup also makes the stew rather creamy. For my person taste, I would just leave out the ketcbup nwxt time as there are plenty of diced tomatoes to do the job. I'm not into creamy beef stew; I prefer the aoup base o be of a thin, watery texture. That's the only change I'd make. Oh, and I used beef chuck roast cuinks rather than ground beef :) personal prefernce, again. Othr than that, this is a relatively quick and simple recipe to put together--yum!"