- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the corn, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Meat 'n' Potato Stew
Sort By :
"I made it today, and it tasted very good overall. However, The ketchup makes the stew very...ketchupy. When I forst taste. The stew I thought it tasted like a ketchup soup. The ketchup was a bit overwhelming. i ended up adding anextra cup of water to dilute it, and that mare it edible. The ketchup also makes the stew rather creamy. For my person taste, I would just leave out the ketcbup nwxt time as there are plenty of diced tomatoes to do the job. I'm not into creamy beef stew; I prefer the aoup base o be of a thin, watery texture. That's the only change I'd make. Oh, and I used beef chuck roast cuinks rather than ground beef :) personal prefernce, again. Othr than that, this is a relatively quick and simple recipe to put together--yum!"