My sons are real meat-and-potatoes men, so they request this recipe quite often. The addition of pork adds a tempting taste twist. - Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef and pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, potatoes, tomatoes, onion, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the corn, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Meat N Potato Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p153
Reviews for Meat 'n' Potato Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review