- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cola
- 3 small red potatoes (about 8 ounces), cubed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- Sprinkle beef with 1 teaspoon steak seasoning and garlic. Place cola in a large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high for 4-5 minutes or just until tender; drain. Return to bowl. Add tomatoes, pepper, oil and remaining steak seasoning; gently toss to coat.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness and pepper is crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 kabobs.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Meat 'n' Potato Kabobs
Sort By :
I had never used potates on kabobs before...great idea to precook them. Good combination of veggies with the pineapple. Good stuff.
I've made this one twice now. Nice, easy recipe for grilling kabobs and everything getting done at the same time.
We broiled these in the oven and they were delicious! We used McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. So good.
What steak seasoning did you use?