Meat 'n' Potato Kabobs Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cola
- 3 small red potatoes (about 8 ounces), cubed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1. Sprinkle beef with 1 teaspoon steak seasoning and garlic. Place cola in a large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2. Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high for 4-5 minutes or just until tender; drain. Return to bowl. Add tomatoes, pepper, oil and remaining steak seasoning; gently toss to coat.
- 3. Drain beef, discarding marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness and pepper is crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
2 kabobs: 279 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat
Reviews for Meat 'n' Potato Kabobs
"When I made this I used a bag of mixed baby potatoes (red, yellow, blue), and whole mini bell peppers. I microwaved the potatoes first until they were tender and then put them on the skewers. I also used red and yellow cherry tomatoes. Will make again soon."
"I had never used potates on kabobs before...great idea to precook them. Good combination of veggies with the pineapple. Good stuff."
"I've made this one twice now. Nice, easy recipe for grilling kabobs and everything getting done at the same time."
"We broiled these in the oven and they were delicious! We used McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. So good.~ Theresa"
"What steak seasoning did you use?"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.