They're summery, but these kabobs really stick to your ribs. A microwave makes quick work of cooking the potatoes, so grilling is done in a flash. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cola
- 3 small red potatoes (about 8 ounces), cubed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- Sprinkle beef with 1 teaspoon steak seasoning and garlic. Place cola in a large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high for 4-5 minutes or just until tender; drain. Return to bowl. Add tomatoes, pepper, oil and remaining steak seasoning; gently toss to coat.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, vegetables and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness and pepper is crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meat 'n' Potato Kabobs in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p10
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Meat 'n' Potato Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review