Meat & Cheese Stromboli
This is the perfect item to take to a potluck. It's so quick to assemble and bake. When done, wrap it in foil to transport. Everyone who tastes it will marvel at each rich and cheesy slice!
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until
- crisp-tender; set aside.
- On two greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into a 15-in. x
- 12-in. rectangle. Arrange the salami, ham and cheeses lengthwise
- over half of each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with
- onion mixture; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and
- pepper. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 400° for
- 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before