Meat & Cheese Stromboli Recipe
This is the perfect item to take to a potluck. It's so quick to assemble and bake. When done, wrap it in foil to transport. Everyone who tastes it will marvel at each rich and cheesy slice!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender; set aside.
- 2. On two greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Arrange salami, ham and cheeses lengthwise over half of each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with onion mixture; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings each).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC